There is nothing better than a good tanning session, but tanning is something we have to treat with care in order to have a great skin from here to ten years.
The sun can be your best friend or or worst enemy, it depends of how you treat your skin before, during and after tanning.
First of all in order an “Oh Lala” perfect tan, I am going to give you the A B C of the process and some tricks to make it more durable.
- Exfoliate: always do it before going to the beach, your skin will look prettier and healthier. Usually I use this Shea Moisture, its oily so it not only exfoliates your skin but also hydrate it and gives you a beautiful glow.
- Wear sunscreen on your face, always (every day) you don’t have to tan your face, that’s why we have makeup and bronzers!
- It doesn’t matter if you are really pale or you have darker skin, if the first days of your trip you use sunscreen on your body your tan will remain more time. Neutrogena is highly recommended.
- I adore this two tanning lotions, if you are going to wear them, do it with care and do not expose yourself long hours in the sun. Its not necessary. I love the Lancaster Oil, and of course the classic Hawaiian Tropic.
- After this I recommend to use Almond oil everyday after shower, its organic very affordable and it’s the best to keep your tan longer.
- Drink a lot of water to keep your glow. Your skin will thank you.
Another thing I always do when I don’t have time to spend time at the beach or pool to get a tan, I use self-tanners. It is a great option, it’s really fast and you don’t have to expose your skin to UVs.
Before the application I suggest to exfoliate your skin with a non-oily exfoliating product and If you want to go organic you can do a mix of honey, sugar and cinnamon it smells great and will leave your skin ready for the tanning lotion.
Here are some brands I highly recommend:
Safe tanning girls!